Sunday, March 11, 2007

Host Foreign Exhchange Students!

Another great opportunity to pass along!

Hello,

I just wanted to share with the the wonderful opportunity to host an exchange student for one month this summer. Teenagers from France and Spain will be arriving in the last days of June to stay with American families until the end of July. I am currently seeking families to host some of these students.

The teens all speak English and are coming here to practice their language skills and to experience the American way of life. You don't need to have a showcase home, or lead a totally exciting life to enjoy one of these students. They can share a room with your own children, if you'd like, they just need their own bed. They bring their own spending money, you are only responsible for feeding and housing them. You are to accept them as a member of the family and not treat them like a guest. In other words, they clean up after themselves and participate in anything your family does.

I have been involved with these student exchange groups for over five years and have hosted 9 different students for varying lengths of time. I've also had many more for overnight or 2-3 days visits. Each one of them has been a wonderful joy to our family. We have treasured memories of each person. This is an experience I wish that everybody would experience, at least once. I cannot tell you how much our lives have been enriched by doing this. And I hear this from so many of my host families.

If you would like to know more, please call me at 610-670-7878 or email me at blessingsgaloreptl@yahoo.com Feel free to ask me anything at all about this program. I can also supply you with names and numbers of other families who can tell you of their experiences! You can also go to www.nacel.net to learn more about the organization that oversees my groups.

Please consider making this year the one that you open you life and family and hearts to one of these wonderful kids! Would you please pass this email onto other trusted friends that you think would be a good family to host. Thank you so much for your prayerful consideration and for taking the time to read this and pass it on!

Sharon Ganz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.